Chances are you have set New Year’s resolutions in the years past, some may have been able to keep them but chances are it’s harder than it you think it is. We are here to help you keep your 2017 resolution with some simple tips.
- Be realistic. Make resolutions that are attainable and will be possible for you to keep. You know yourself and your will power, keep that in mind when making your resolution.
- Plan, plan, plan. As Angela, TNT’s Founder and President, loves to say, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” If you go into the 2017 with a plan as to how you are going to accomplish your resolution, you are much more likely to stick with it.
- Talk about it. Tell your friends and family, those who will be there to support you through 2017 to make sure you keep up with it. You may even find someone who has the same one as you and you can both keep each other accountable.
- Reward yourself. If you’re doing a good job keeping your resolution, reward yourself. You deserve it. For instance, if you have been doing great at eating right and being active, don’t reward yourself with a chocolate cake, reward yourself with some new workout clothes.
- Keep track of your progress. Track all of your progress, plan for smaller milestones to hit to help you reach a bigger one. This also goes back to your planning ahead, keep this in mind when you are planning out your 2017 resolution.
- Stick to it. It takes on average 66 days to completely form a habit, just because you’re struggling doesn’t mean keeping your resolution won’t get easier!
- Keep trying. If you aren’t hitting your milestones and you are running out of steam to keep your resolution, just take it one day at a time. You can do anything for a day. Or find someone to help you with your resolution. If you’re resolution is to eat healthier so you can lose weight, train harder or just live an overall healthier life, let us help you!