Your daily stop for coffee can not only add up to big money but also a lot of calories. It is also harder to control what goes into your morning pick-me-up. Not to fear, you can make healthy (and cheaper) alternatives that will rival the local barista. These recipes can help you create the perfect cup of java and ensure that your caffeine can come in healthier doses. Note that some of these same ingredients could make for a delicious coffee, warm or cold.
The Speed Dater
- 1 cup cold coffee (either leftover brew or mix a heaping tablespoon of instant coffee into a cup of water)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped , pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of ice
- pinch of salt
Shake or stir
Mocha Coconut Frappuccino
- 1 cup strongly-brewed coffee, chilled
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups ice cubes (or enough to make it the icy consistency you enjoy most)
Blend all ingredients.
Skinny Iced Coffee
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 cup “milk” (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- Sweetener – to your liking (Torani syrup, Splenda French vanilla packets or sugar free fruit syrup)
- Coffee ice cubes (this keeps your coffee from getting watery)
Shake, stir or blend
Healthy Coffee Banana Frappe
- 1 1/4 cups of chopped frozen bananas
- 3/4 cup of leftover cold coffee
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of all natural vanilla extract.
Blend and enjoy
Recipes courtesy of redbookmag.com.
For more nutritional guidance and a free consultation, contact us today. Phone: 704-549-9550 Email: email@example.com