February is National Heart Month. It is used to promote awareness about heart health and urge Americans to lower their risk for developing heart disease. This is vital, as heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. There are numerous ways to spread heart health messages during this February and beyond. Here are just a few…..
– Check out the #MoveWithHeart Pledge and encourage your friends and family to join you in this challenge.
– Start a walking club at work or with your neighbors and friends.
– Incorporate heart healthiness into your Valentine’s Day by going on a hike or take a romantic stroll with your loved one.
– Challenge your organization or friends to participate in a “steps” contest. Use activity trackers to see which team takes the most steps.
– Host a potluck dinner and encourage everyone to bring a heart healthy dish and copies of the recipes to share. There are a variety of recipes available through sites like EatingWell.com.
– Create a Pinterest board that includes your heart healthy recipes and share it with your organization, friends, and family. Make it a public board and invite others to add their favorite recipes.
– Ask health care providers to speak to your organization about ways to prevent heart disease.
– Organize a local heart healthy event, such as a group biking event, marathon, etc.
– Partner with a local hospital or organization like Total Nutrition Technology to offer heart-related screenings such as those for blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and body mass index (BMI).
– Get social with it. Post your experiences on social media to help motivate others to join in. Also, share websites, articles and toolkits from resources such as National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute.
Another way to get serious about a healthy heart is by implementing a personalized program with a nutrition and health specialist, just like the programs and services offered by TNT. For example, the Weight Loss Program is engineered to reduce body fat which decreases your chance for heart disease. Some of the other options include the TNT Silver Program, which focuses on not only help add “years to your life”, but more importantly, “life to your years” and the Corporate Wellness Program that uses comprehensive, educational services to increase a companies health and wellness as a whole.
National Heart Month is a great opportunity to not only help yourself get healthier, but also your friends, family, coworkers and community.
Contact us today to find out more and receive your Free Consultation.
wordpress theme by initheme.com
TNT’s comprehensive approach addresses the entire individual and their needs. We start with an extensive interview, evaluation and assessment. This is followed by a custom-built nutrition plan and exercise guidelines ensuring it fits both their lifestyle and dietary objectives.
Total Nutrition Technology has been recognized as one of the top Charlotte Dietetics practices. Verified by Opencare.com