It’s back to school and back to buying supplies – food supplies!
– To make sure your child succeeds in school, make sure you’re fueling them with the most nutritional lunches.
– It is important to include each of the macronutrients in your child’s lunchbox: Protein, carbohydrates & fat.
– To avoid hunger that can cause an inability to concentrate, make sure you are packing healthy snack options.
– Having your kids be a part of making their lunches is a great way to get them enthused about eating right!
– Kids need 5 (or more) servings of fruits and veggies per day! Be sure to mix it up and EAT THE RAINBOW!
– Strive to substitute cookies and candy bars for fruits and vegetables.
– Fruits and vegetables help to keep you full and provide your body with fiber, as well as an array of antioxidants.
Here are some examples of Fruits and Veggies for each color of the RAINBOW:
Apples, Cherries, Strawberries, Red onions, Red peppers, Pomegranates, Raspberries, Watermelon, Chili peppers and Red grapes.
Cantaloupe, Carrots, Oranges, Pumpkin, Mangoes, Apricots, Tangerines, Sweet potatoes and Butternut squash.
Lemons, Peaches, Bananas, Yellow apples, Yellow pears, Yellow potatoes, Yellow peppers, Yellow tomatoes and Yellow squash.
Asparagus, Avocado, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Celery, Cucumber, Green beans, Green grapes, Green apples, Green peppers, Honeydew, Kiwi, Lettuce, Limes, Spinach and Zucchini.
Blackberries, Blueberries, Plums, Grapes, Prunes, Purple peppers, Raisins, Purple cabbage and Purple potatoes
Rainbow Box – Hard-boiled egg – Pretzels – Red and yellow pepper slices – Hummus
– Orange slices
PB & Strawberries Box – Whole grain wrap with peanut butter spread and
sliced strawberries, rolled up – Sliced kiwi – Carrots
Lunchables Box – Cheese slices – Whole grain crackers – Turkey rolled up
– Unsweetened applesauce – Celery sticks
Tuna Salad Box – Avocado tuna salad – Whole grain crackers – Cucumber slices
– Watermelon slices
Rolled Box – Turkey and cheese roll ups (on whole grain wrap) – Grape tomatoes
– Blueberries – Raw almonds
Quiche Box – Mini quiche cups with cheese – Carrots – Banana
Rainbow Sandbox – Cut bread into 4ths and make mini sandwiches
held together with toothpicks – Layer sandwiches: red pepper, cheese, yellow
pepper, cucumber, purple cabbage – Strawberries – Pistachios
Kabob Box – Deli ham and cheese cubes on skewers – Whole grain pasta salad
– Grape tomatoes – Orange slices
Chicken Taco Box – Grilled or baked chicken – Tomato – Lettuce – Cheese – Salsa
– 8 corn tortilla chips
Cheesy Ant Box – Cottage cheese – Whole grain crackers – Pineapple slices
– Ants on a Log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
For more information and nutritional guidance, contact us @ tntgetfit.com.
TNT’s comprehensive approach addresses the entire individual and their needs. We start with an extensive interview, evaluation and assessment. This is followed by a custom-built nutrition plan and exercise guidelines ensuring it fits both their lifestyle and dietary objectives.
Total Nutrition Technology has been recognized as one of the top Charlotte Dietetics practices. Verified by Opencare.com