It’s the most wonderful time of the year and, unfortunately, the time of the year that is most common to pack on a few extra pounds. Between all the sweet treats and traveling, it can be a challenge to fit in a workout. The good news is, you don’t have to be another holiday weight gain statistic! We have come up with some fun ways to get you and your family moving this holiday season!
2. Visit the holiday skating rink. Most cities, including Charlotte, set up outside skating rinks. We’re not promising you’ll be an Olympic skater, but it is a great way for the family to get out and get active!
3. Sign up for a holiday 5K. Running or walking a 5K is so much more fun with it’s holiday themed, right? Reindeer Run, Jingle All the Way 5K, the Eggnog Jog, and many more! Some neighborhoods will even put on runs. Keep an eye out for something that looks like fun for the whole family!
4. Get those steps in while shopping. Instead of walking to the very next store, walk to the one across the mall and then continue in that pattern. You can even print out a map of the mall to not only decide on your route but, be able to easily locate the stores you need to visit. Exercising while shopping? Yes, please!
5. Find a workout buddy, chances are someone else in your family wants to work out, too. Especially after eating grandma’s famous cookies, so just ask! It will be easier for you to keep motivated if you have someone holding you accountable, and vice versa.
6. Treat yourself! Take some time to yourself, the holidays can be overwhelming at times and sometimes you just need a minute to breathe. Take some time and go to the gym or just enjoy a walk.
From the TNT family to yours, we wish you a happy & healthy holiday!
wordpress theme by initheme.com
TNT’s comprehensive approach addresses the entire individual and their needs. We start with an extensive interview, evaluation and assessment. This is followed by a custom-built nutrition plan and exercise guidelines ensuring it fits both their lifestyle and dietary objectives.
Total Nutrition Technology has been recognized as one of the top Charlotte Dietetics practices. Verified by Opencare.com